Measure and collect improvement data and information in food and drink operations
This standard is about the skills and knowledge needed for you to make measurements and collect improvement data and information, to support your organisation's drive to improve food and drink operations. This is important in increasing productivity and success of manufacture, processing and supply within the food and drink supply chain.
You need to show and understand how you measure and record key performance statistics which result from processes and indicators like consumption and waste resulting from improvement activities. You will need to show and understand how to collect and maintain data and information, and report these to inform the future implementation of improvements. You will need to comply with your company policy for measurement and data collection of improvements and take responsibility for your actions.
This standard is for you if your role requires you to make measurements and collect improvement data and information in food and drink operations including manufacturing, processing, packing or supply chain activities. You may have responsibilities for aspects of organisational improvement in a team leadership or management role.
You must be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
- your organisation's improvement vision, strategy, objectives and the reasons for improvement
- organisational improvement activities and their implementation
- the importance of review of improvement activities
- why measurements of data and information are needed and how they will be used
- where to find existing data and information and who is responsible for this
- the importance of collecting and recording data and information accurately
- methods of making valid measurements and recording of data and information
- gather reliable, relevant and valid evidence to inform measurements of data and information
- how to record and log measurements correctly using paper and electronic systems
- how to use your organisation's data and information management and recording systems
- your organisation's requirements and protocols for controlling and manipulating data
- how to report and present data and information to relevant people
- to whom you need to report and present
- what the organisational arrangements are for managing change and improvements
- how to communicate measurements and data in a way which assists understanding and is adapted to meet the needs of different situations
- the limits of your own authority, and reporting arrangements in the event of problems with measurements of data and information that you cannot resolve