Assess teams and individuals for improvement in food and drink operations
This standard is about the skills and knowledge needed for you to assess teams and individuals to support your organisation's drive to improve food and drink operations. Assessment of individuals within teams and teams within the organisation is integral to increasing productivity and success of manufacture, processing and supply within the food and drink supply chain. Good training is important where the implementation of change, improvement, new practice, targets and a performance driven culture creates challenges for individuals and the dynamic of teams.
You will need to show and understand how you can develop plans for assessing competence of teams and individuals. You will need to be able to judge evidence against agreed standards to make assessment decisions. You will need to show and understand that you can give teams and individuals valid feedback about your assessment decisions and provide follow up support where necessary.
This standard is for you if you assess teams and individuals for improvement working in food and drink operations including manufacturing, processing, packing or supply chain activities. You may have responsibilities for aspects of organisational improvement in a training and development, team leadership or management role.
You must be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
- your organisation's improvement strategy and objectives
- how assessment is important in delivering improvement objectives
- how to measure existing levels of competence
- the importance of making and completing assessments of performance and knowledge in relation to your organisation's drive for improvement
- how to involve teams and individuals in planning assessments
- how to assess performance against specific parts of a standard or learning outcomes
- the importance of checking that the evidence is the work of teams or individuals
- how to give constructive feedback on existing levels of competence and what needs to done to achieve full competence
- how to use language which is appropriate to the competence of your team and individuals and does not discriminate against them
- how to meet the assessment needs of teams and individuals
- the importance of encouraging questions and obtaining advice
- why it is important to maintain your own levels of competence in contributing to your organisation's drive for improvement
- how to update your skills and knowledge in current assessment practice