Form rolled products in food operations
This standard is about the skills and knowledge required to form rolled products, such as sushi within food and drink manufacturing or supply operations.
It covers what you need to know in order to form products according to product specification as well as a production schedule. Complying with and understanding health and safety, food safety, environmental and organisational requirements are essential features of this standard.
This standard is for you if you carry out operative tasks in and around the forming of rolled convenience food products in a manufacture environment.
You must be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
1. the potential food safety hazards and appropriate control procedures associated with the forming of rolled products
2. how to operate the required machinery in a way that is safe and efficient
3. how to follow the start up procedures for the process and why it is important to do so
4. how to form the different required shapes
5. what and where the quality control checks are in the production process
6. what to do when product specifications are not met
7. what recording, reporting and communication is needed and how to carry this out and the reasons why it is important to do so
8. what the limits of your own authority and competence are and why it is important to work within them
9. how to shut down the relevant equipment
10. how to dispose of waste
11. how to make equipment ready for future use