Shut down multi-stage operations in food and drink operations
This standard covers the skills and knowledge needed for you to shut down multi-stage operations in food and drink operations and the associated supply chain.
This standard is about the important activities of shutting down multistage manufacturing operations in the production, processing and packaging of food and drink products. You must know how and be able to prepare and shut down multi-stage operations. Complying with and understanding health and safety, food safety, environmental and organisational requirements are essential features of this standard.
This standard is for you if you work in food and drink manufacture and/or supply operations and are involved in the shut down of multi-stage operations in food and drink operations.
You must be able to:
1. work in accordance with hygiene, health and safety and environmental procedures
3. check that plant shut down times and durations optimise efficiency
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
1. to what the standards of health and safety and hygiene that you are required to work to are and why it is important that you do so
2. what the limits of your own authority and competence are and why it is important to work within them
3. what the lines and methods of effective communication are and why it is important to use them
4. what the documentation requirements are and why it is important to meet them
5. what the correct procedures for dealing with residual materials are and why it is important to follow them
6. what happens after shut down and the ways in which this influences actions
7. what the correct procedures for shut down are and why it is important to follow them