Monitor food safety at critical control points in food and drink operations
This standard is about monitoring food safety at critical control points in processing operations.
You will need to be able to identify the critical areas where monitoring is required and the relevant benchmarks for effective and safe operations. You will also need to be able to record data and report key information to the appropriate people.
This standard is for you if you work in food and drink operations or animal feed operations and your job requires you to enter the food manufacturing or processing area. You may have supervisory responsibilities as a line manager or team leader.
You must be able to:
Identify and monitor critical control points
- identify relevant food safety control measures
- complete all specified operational controls and checks at the set time frequency
- keep accurate and complete records of checks
- obtain verification for completed checks, following organisational procedures
Respond to non-compliance at critical control points
- take corrective action with the appropriate degree of urgency when control measures fail
- report to the appropriate person any specifications or procedures that are out of line with set limits
- seek expert advice and support for matters outside of own level of authority or expertise
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
IMPFS112K Understand how to manage food safety procedures in food and drink operations
IMPFS132K Principles of controlling biological food hazards in food and drink operations