Maintain workplace food safety standards in food and drink operations
This standard is about the skills needed for you to maintain workplace food safety standards in food and drink operations. It is important to keep your workplace clean and hygienic. It is also essential to maintain the quality of the final product.
You will need to be able to keep the workspace clean. You also need to show you can work in a way that keeps food safe.
This standard is for you if you work in food and drink operations and your job requires you to enter a food manufacturing or processing or an animal feed production area.
You must be able to:
Keep the workspace clean
- keep your immediate work area clean and tidy
- keep tools, utensils and equipment in good order, in a hygienic condition and store to organisational procedures
- keep ingredients and products separate and in their assigned places
Work in a way that keeps food safe
- follow procedures to dispose of food waste and scrap promptly and hygienically
- avoid product contamination and cross-contamination at all stages of processing operations
- follow the correct procedures for dealing with product contamination and cross-contamination
- follow organisational procedures for handling and processing items that may cause allergic reactions
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
IMPFS104K Understand how to maintain workplace food safety in food and drink operations
IMPFS105K Understand how to maintain workplace food safety in animal feed production