Maintain personal hygiene standards in food and drink operations
This standard is about the skills needed for you to maintain personal hygiene standards in food and drink operations.
Maintaining personal hygiene standards is important to keep yourself clean and hygienic when you are at work. It is also essential to maintaining the quality of the final product.
You will need to be able to come to work clean and tidy. You also need to show you can enter the production area clean and tidy, you must also show you can keep clean in the workplace.
This standard is for you if you work in food and drink operations or animal feed operations and your job requires you to enter the food manufacturing or processing area.
You must be able to:
Come to work clean and tidy
- maintain hair, skin and nails in a clean and hygienic manner
- wear clean clothing appropriate to the task
- follow your organisation's procedures regarding the jewellery and accessories that can be worn
Enter the production area clean and tidy
- wear protective clothing and headgear that is clean, fit for use and worn correctly
- follow your organisation’s procedures on when you need to change your protective clothing
- wash hands thoroughly at the appropriate times in accordance with organisational procedures
Maintain personal cleanliness in the workplace
- avoid unsafe behaviour to protect the food being produced
- make sure any cuts, boils, skin infections and grazes are treated and covered with an appropriate dressing
- report any cuts, boils, grazes, injuries, illness and infections promptly to the appropriate person
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
SeeIMPFS102K Understand how to maintain personal hygiene standards in food and drink operations