Evaluate specialist individual dough-based products
This standard covers the skills and knowledge needed to evaluate specialist individual dough-based products in craft, artisan or development bakery operations. Evaluation is critical to maintaining and improving the skills and reputation of individuals and a business, to meet customers' requirements for specialist products. Examples include presentation breads like wheatsheaves, shields and plaques, specialist pastry products for special occasions and other speciality products using dough as a base.
You need to show and understand how you assess customer satisfaction with individual specialist products against customer expectations in placing orders and providing product briefs. You will need to assess the success of the development and production process of the organisation in providing individual products for specialist needs. You need to show and understand how to make recommendations and report the future improvement of development and production of specialist individual products. Complying with and understanding health and safety, food safety, allergen and organisational requirements are essential features of this standard.
You must be able to:
1. arrange for the assessment of customer satisfaction in accordance with procedures
2. carry out assessment of customer satisfaction in accordance with procedures
3. evaluate customer feedback in accordance with evaluation criteria and procedures
4. identify and assess development and production performance in accordance with procedures.
5. evaluate the effectiveness of the development and production processes against compliance with specifications
6. discuss preliminary findings with relevant colleagues and use these to formulate conclusions
7. compile a comprehensive report on development and production to inform improvement in accordance with procedures
8. present report and recommendations for improvement to the relevant personnel
Knowledge and Understanding
You need to know and understand:
1. to what standards of health and safety and food safety you are required to work, why it is important that you do so and what might happen if they are not met
2. how to plan arrangements for obtaining customer feedback about specialist products
3. what parameters to set out for the effective assessment and evaluation of specialist products
4. how to assess and evaluate customer feedback
5. how to assess and evaluate effectiveness of development and production in meeting customer needs
6. how to report and present findings for the evaluation of specialist products